Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dead Batteries and a Tender Tongue


This morning I loaded 4 horses got ready to pull out and my truck wouldn't start! The batteries were dead . We gave the horses some grain to munch on and I ran to auto parts store, got two batteries, put them in (all the while with horses in trailer) and managed to get to Ocala training center only half an hour late. Here is one of them going on track.



Last time Surefire went to OBS he ran with his head up high and seemed to fight the bit. When I got home , I examed his mouth and found that he has a risidual piece of wolf tooth up by his molar.









By holding his tongue out to one side I can feel both his upper and lower ridges and I can feel the piece of tooth. This may explain his high head carriage.






The gates weren't open so I had them walk through the baby gates and the gallop around and try to go four furlongs











Just Surefire and TS Faye today. They galloped together to top of stretch.




TS Faye with little effort left Spitfire behind. Even though I put rubber bit on Spitfire he still fought-and did not breeze well. I have a call into a dentist .

TS Faye breezed acceptably; 4 furlongs in 52 seconds. It is not fast but is stretching out her distance and if shins are good we can improve on that.
I also had Stack Bali gallop on the track to see how he would go. He was good so I will send him from gates next time.
The two year old in training sale was going on and I managed not to come home with another horse!

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well for Spitfire. My trail horse, Adobe, gets his last of 5 shots tomorrow for a sarcoid. I hope the truck starts after I load him in the trailer! Glad your day ended well!

    ReplyDelete