Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to Calder, a New Filly, and a Name Correction

Wax Poetic is the new filly on the farm. We had been meeting with her owner at OBS and she is the one that was working with my horses.
She came yesterday and is in the same race as TS Fay on Sunday in Miami.
She has never been in my trailer so I introduced it to her tonight. I don't want problems at five AM when we head out.
She was purchased in the June two year old sale at OBS. She had already started once when sold. My expectation is to just see improvement off her last work. She is one of the most lovely sensible fillies I have ever had. The owner had great luck in getting such a good girl!









Spitfire is going with us this trip. I had the luck to get two extra stalls so I can give him a short breeze over the track. I wanted to take Stack Bali but he looks like he may not be sweating.
















I also wanted to take Phontiff but his shin was a little touchy so I wil give him ten days again to build up.





















Phontiff is starting to look racy but we have to wait on his shins!












Tiny will go this time as the 4th horse. She seems to be ready to do an easy breeze out of the gates. She will go with Spitfire Red (note that is his name...not Spitfire Grey as previously stated....)I just looked at the papers....awful to grow old and confused.
Realize that TS Fay is racing a week apart. She seems fine...this is like a work until she reaches her level of fitness. I need her to work or race on the track. As previously stated,it is impossible to ship in for works, so we use races. I hope to see an improvement in her personal performance. Maybe she will finish stronger...that is all I can ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment